The Energy Tree
The groundbreaking hybrid technology of the Energy Tree transforms both solar radiation and the wind-caused movement of its nanoleaves into ready-to-use electricity.
Once “planted”, the Energy Tree can:
- Fully power a three-bedroom home
- Charge an electric car
- Produce electricity to be sold to the grid
- Be combined with other Energy Trees for a scalable system
As its design imitates the harmonious aesthetics of nature, the Energy Tree is the perfect visual complement to any home.
State-of-the-art nanoleaves capture mid-infrared wavelengths, meaning that radiation even beyond the visible spectrum is transformed into electricity. A cloudy day thus still provides significant energy.
Piezoelectric ribbons in the leafstalks allow the Energy Tree to harness the movement of its leaves caused by the wind.
Advantages of the hybrid nanoleaf/piezoelectric-ribbon system include:
- Unparalleled energy efficiency in a wide range of climates
- Low initial and maintenance costs
- Light yet robust structure
- Scalable system
- Harmonious bio-compatible design
- Easily installed and maintained